Doctrinal Statement Part 12

To accept our responsibility as believers, it is important to first come to terms with what it means to Love His Church.  Please read the previous blog to see what I mean by this and why it is so important.  I have written much about this, and there is also a chapter in my first book, The Living Image.  It is impossible to get away from our identity as the Bride of Christ if we are redeemed - and what that means.  Therefore, it is important to defend what responsibilities I have as a member of that Body.  So this one is short, yesterday's was long.  God Bless.

With you for His Glory-





11. The Responsibility of Believers
 I believe that all believers 
should seek to walk by the Spirit, not bringing reproach upon 
their Lord and Savior or His Bride and Body, the Church, 
and that separation from sinful practices while conforming to His likeness 
is commanded by God.
(Romans 12:1-2; II Corinthians 6:14, 7:1; 
Galatians 5:16, 25)
I believe that it is the obligation of every believer to witness 
by life and by word to the truths of Holy Scripture and to seek 
to proclaim the authentic gospel as they go out into all the world. 
(Acts 1:8; Romans 16:17)
I believe that it is the responsibility of all believers to take 
part in the work of the Lord through prayer and to support His 
work (Kingdom Building) by whatever means the Lord has 
blessed them. (I Corinthians 16:2)
I believe that Scripture teaches that the local church should 
have the priority of giving and supporting the work of 
Kingdom building and that individuals should primarily give 
and support the Kingdom work of the local church. 
(Acts 2:37-47; I Corinthians 9:11, 16:1-2)