This last Sunday we looked at a few things in John Chapter 17 that Jesus prayed for regarding us specifically. And here’s why.  When the Creator of the Universe prays to the Almighty Himself for us, it’s not a simple request that may or may not be answered, It is a divine appointment that is guaranteed to happen.  So, I want to share with you my notes of the five things that Jesus secured for us in His prayer on that night.

We were Given to Jesus by the Father (vv. 1-3, 6,9-10)  Our identity.
            John 6:44, 65  No One can come to me unless The Father who sent Me draws Him.

We were Sanctified by the Word (vv. 17-19)  Our position
            14: 23-24  If Anyone Loves me , he will keep My Word, and My Father Will Love Him, and We will come to make Our Home with him.  Anyone who does not love me does not keep my words.  (Abide in – exist in – this is the place of thriving, living and experiencing Fullfillment and Joy)

We are Unified in Spirit (vv.  22-23) Our Family
            Eph. 4: 1-6  As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

6:63  It is the Spirit who gives Life; the flesh is no help at all.  The Words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.


We have a Promised Eternity (v. 24) Our Destiny
            6:35-40 35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. 37 All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. 38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

We are tasked with Manifested Sovereign Love (v. 26) Our Purpose
            1 Corinthians 13  We can't love like this.  Only Him through us can accomplish this.  Proof?  Try putting your name in the text for love.  Now try His Name.

God's PURPOSE  (end of v 21 and 23) "...so that the world may believe/know that You sent Me."


Jesus prayed for us just hours before the accomplishment that we celebrate in the coming week.  He secured all of this for you and me SO THAT we would display to the World that Jesus was Who He said He was.  He proves it still today thorugh His true Church.   Question:  Are you living a life worthy of This Prayer?



With you for His glory,