God Loves ME!

This last week, we looked at Romans 8:31-39.  Do you remember how that chapter begins?

"There is therefore now NO CONDEMNATION for those who are in Christ Jesus."  The key thing there is that little phrase, "...for those who are in Christ Jesus."  I hope you have a personal relationship with Christ Jesus.  If you don't, the guilt you feel in your life for things you know deep down are wrong - that guilt is a good gift from God that is calling you to repent and give your sins and the rest of your life to Christ's account.

If you are a Christian already and you have actually gone through the process of confessing your sins to God, then "He is faithful and just to forgive you of all sins and cleanse you from all unrighteousness."  1 John 1:9.  Any lingering shame is not from your perfect heavenly Father, but probably is a messenger from Satan to remind you of your former unworthiness and try to make you less affective in your living.

That is why 8:31-39 is so powerful.  I note three things when I look at the text.

#1  God is FOR me.  He is my fan.  He made me and loves me and wants me to succeed.  He did everything for me.  Why would He leave me now?  Because I keep sinning and failing?  No way.  That's on Christ's account too.  He may discipline me as He continues to fulfill His promise to cleanse me from all unrighteousness, but He is not going to leave me.  Who can come against me?  He is for me!

#2  He CHOSE me.  God didn't just take me because He had too avoid hurting my feelings or because He made a pact with my grandparents to love their family.  He chose me because He wanted me!  He didn't say, "Well, okay, you're here.  That's fine."  He said, "Where is my child?  We have to wait for them!"  God wants you.   He wants me.  He proved it, and if we pay attention.  he is still proving it everyday.

#3  Jesus ( The only One who has the right to justly condemn me) is the One who paid the price for me.  Therefore, who can bring any condemnation  against me.  He's the one who identified the condemnation before anyone else knew what condemnation was.  And He said, "I'll take the punishment for it.  So who cares what someone else says against me in malice.  Jesus says, "I know.  I took care of it.  What else do you think you have against my child/  I've taken care of that too.  Anything else?"

God loves me sooooo much.  He is for me.  He has chosen me on purpose, and He has made it so that there is nothing left for anyone else to hurl at me.

Oh, how can it be?    If yo wold like to listen to the sermon click here.HERE


With you for His glory,