Doctrinal Statement Part 2

Worldview is the way we view life.  The way we view life determines the way we live.  My life is based on the truth of God's Word.  That means that God's Word explains my experiences.  I strive to not let my experiences interpret Scripture.  That is the way I try to live my life and discern the will of God.  That makes the Word of God the absolutely most important thing in my life.  The way I view Scripture is the most important thing about me, because it reveals my TRUE view of God.  Is He really the most important thing in my life?  My Lord?  My King?  My Lover?  Or is that all talk?  The way I depend on, use, and interact with Scripture conveys what I really believe about God.  It also reveals if my faith is merely intellectual, or passionate and personal and pleasing to God.  Thus, I start with what Scripture is and what my interaction with it must be.

Statement of Doctrine
1. The Holy Scriptures
I believe in the Protestant 
(66 books) Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments 
as the inspired verbal and plenary Word of God. I 
believe God superintended the work of human authors 
within the authoring process so that, using their own 
individual personalities, they composed and recorded, 
without error in the original autographs, His revelation 
to man.  All Scripture is authoritative and without error.  
Furthermore, I believe it is the supreme and final auth-
ority in all matters about which it speaks.  I believe the 
Scriptures are to be interpreted in a primarily literal 
and normal way.  I believe it is the teachers divine 
mandate to consider historical-cultural context, literary 
genre, grammatical construction, literary context, the 
possible applications that they original audience could 
have understood, and harmony with other scriptures as 
guidelines for interpretation.  I believe all of Scripture 
requires careful study and contextualization.  I believe 
that the Holy Spirit guides the believer into accepting 
the testimony of Scripture as truth, but that the believer 
has the responsibility to grow in maturity of the Word 
through careful study.  I believe that God's revelation to 
man is complete for the purposes God has for man, and 
that He speaks to man primarily through the Scriptures. 

(Proverbs 2:1-5, 3:21-24; Matthew 5:18; John 10:35; 
Romans 12:2; I Timothy 4:6-16; II Timothy 2:15, 3:16-17,
 4:1-5; Hebrews 5:11-14; I Peter 1:23-25; II Peter 1:5-9, 
20-21; Revelation 22:18-19)


With you for His glory