Doctrinal Statement Part 5

I believe the purpose of the Human life is to glorify God.  Everything God does is forged around bringing glory to Himself.  My life and salvation are no different.  God does not save me just so that I can have fellowship with Him.  He does not save me so that I can (or because I have demonstrated promising aptitude to) evangelize others.  God saves me because by doing so, He will be glorified, both ow and ultimately in the future judgement, when it will be found that I was in no way responsible, played no part in, and contributed absolutely nothing to my salvation - while headed for Hell unawares.
God does everything.  HE gives me faith.  I don't decide to follow God.  I don't call out to Jesus, He calls out to me.  I am completely dead, when He gives me life.  I simply respond.  The testimony of Scripture indicates in human language what the human response is to God's effectual calling.
This is why it is so important to understand the work of the Holy Spirit.  It is the Holy Spirit that gives us ears to hear the call, equips us with the faith to respond to the call, turns our hearts toward Christ, and gives us a thirst for the Word and a life of obedience to it.  It is central to my character, to understand that it is the Holy Spirit living in me that compels me and draws me Christ ward.  Without this understanding and reminder, I become puffed up, thinking that I am all of a sudden contributing to my salvation, when in fact, I am merely following the prompts of my shepherds voice.
The thrust of this part of my doctrinal statement is that Christ remains all-in-all after my salvation.  It is the Holy Spirit that enables me to have fellowship with my Savior, and I need to walk in the discipline He blesses me with in that relationship in order to realize His intended blessings.  And thank God for the Holy Spirit, because I know that He will never leave me.  I am sealed and He is in me until the day I open my glorified eyes to see my Lord and Savior in person.

With you for His glory




4. The Person and work of the Holy Spirit
 I believe the 
Holy Spirit is God who convicts the world of sin, 
righteousness, and judgment.  He also, in the present age, 
regenerates believers in Christ, baptizes them into the 
Church, indwells them permanently, seals them unto the 
day of redemption, bestows spiritual gifts upon each one, 
guides them into believing the testimony of Scripture, 
and unites believers in purpose for the exaltation of Christ 
and the glory of God.
(John 14:16, 15:26-27, 16:7-15; 
I Corinthians 12:4-11, 13; Ephesians 4:3-16, 30)
The Holy Spirit equips each believer with spiritual gifts 
(at least one) for the express and singular purpose of 
edifying the Church by exalting Christ to the glory of 
God in manners consistent with the building up of 
individuals toward maturity in Christ, the preparation 
of the Bride to meet Christ in Maturity, and the faithful 
stewardship of the biblical teachings.
            Baptism of the Holy Spirit is the act of irrevocable 
adoption as a child of God by God the Father in Jesus Christ. 
In spiritual baptism, the Holy Spirit seals the believer as an 
anointed coheir with Christ for the redemptive, sanctifying 
work He will continue to perform until completion.
            The infilling of the Holy Spirit is the work and 
presence of God in the believers life and being as the 
believer continues to conform to the knowledge of the 
Image of Christ.  Indwelling of the Holy Spirit is necessarily 
evidenced by fellowship with God in the life and faith of 
the believer.